Birthday Party Centerpiece Ideas
Centerpieces can complete the look of any festive gathering, tying party tables to the rest of the decor. Whether you're planning an elegant birthday party or hosting a casual get-together, here are a few birthday party centerpiece ideas to provide the finishing touch:
Floral Table Centerpiece Ideas
Mother Nature's floral palette lends itself to virtually any party theme or color scheme. Bunches of red, white, and blue blossoms are a stunning addition to a patriotic birthday party table, while delicate pink blooms will add a feminine flair to your princess celebration. For a personal touch, create centerpieces using the birthday month flower of the guest of honor. Be sure to consider the vessel you'll be using as well. Even the simplest flower can look elegant when presented with pizzazz.
When choosing flowers for your birthday centerpieces, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- For sit down-dinners, limit arrangement height to six inches or less; otherwise, your guests will have to talk through or around the centerpiece. Some taller stems retain their elegance when cut down, while others may look awkward when trimmed. Seek the advice of your florist before cutting stems.
- Avoid using scented flowers in your centerpiece. Not only will perfumed blossoms compete with the aroma of the food, they may also cause an allergic reaction.
- If you're undecided about which flower color to choose, remember that white will gracefully accompany any birthday party decor.
Balloon Centerpiece Ideas
Balloon Centerpiece Ideas Balloons add a festive touch to any event, and offer the best ideas for inexpensive centerpieces as an economical and versatile solution. To make a balloon centerpiece, simply fill balloons with helium, bundle with ribbon, and affix them to a weighted base. These types of centerpieces look best when all balloons are the same size, so it's a good idea to make a template by cutting a hole in a piece of cardboard to use for spot-checking while filling. Choose pre-printed balloons that coordinate with the party's theme, or make an elegant centerpiece using rich, metallic-toned balloons.Do you have a picture and story about your favorite birthday centerpieces or interesting ideas for inexpensive centerpieces? Share it with us!!
Ideas for Inexpensive Centerpieces That Are Unique Try adding a few decorative touches to your floral or balloon displays:
- Use toy dump trucks, baskets, or festive hats to hold squat, brightly hued potted plants
- Affix die cast cars, jewelry, candy or trinkets to sticks and insert them into your flower Birthday-Party-Centerpiece-Ideas
- For a first birthday celebration, weight your balloon centerpiece with ABC blocks, stuffed animals, rattles, or toys
With a little finesse, you can finish your party tables in style with beautiful birthday party centerpieces.
Tell Us About the Birthday Centerpieces You Created
Did you create birthday party centerpieces that people raved about? What did you use? How many did you make? And what did your guests say about them?
Other Visitors' Centerpiece Stories
A Dr. Seus Centerpiece Idea
I am a party queen. I am always the one the family comes to when looking to throw a party.So, my sister in law was so stumped about what to do for her …Read More
A unique centerpiece
I have a daughter who is thirteen years old. So on her last birthday, I decided to celebrate it in a grand style as she was entering her teens. She is …Read More
A centerpiece so sweet that everyone raved about!
Our daughter Sony loves sweets. For her 10th birthday party we decided to use this as the theme for her party. Everything was related to candy. All …Read More
Ice Cream Sundae Centerpiece
This really is an easy centerpiece to make and can be designed in any color combination of your choosing. To make this you will need: an oversized …Read More
A sponge bob centerpiece
I had this idea and didn't follow through... take a hurricane or big fish bowl and place sand and a pineapple in it with some sponge bob figurines.... …Read More