Birthday Party Food Recipes
Looking for some great birthday party food recipes ideas for your next party? These birthday party food recipes are sure to be a crowd pleasure. You generally want finger foods and need to make enough to satisfy your crowd.
This will also help find budget friendly options so that you can get the quality food that you want without having to make any sacrifices. Here are some great recipes to consider.
Glazed Chicken Drumsticks - Party Food Recipe
Not everyone loves super spicy chicken wings, which is why this is a great option for you to consider.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (preferably low-sodium)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 tsp honey
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3lbs of mini-drumsticks, fresh or frozen
- You start by getting a small bowl, then combining the ketchup, soy sauce, honey, ground ginger, and garlic power in the bowl.
- Get a large, shallow dish, then pour 1 cup of your marinade in it. Add the chicken (if using frozen drumsticks, defrost first), then turn the chicken until it’s coated on both sides.
- Cover dish and then refrigerate it for a minimum of 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Take any leftover marinade, cover it and refrigerate it.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Drain the chicken, then put the drumsticks on the grill for between 15 and 20 minutes. Baste with leftover marinade.
Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing as needed.
Crostini - Birthday Party Food Recipe
- 1-2 loaves of French baguette
- Cheese of your choice (popular options are brie, goat cheese, or muenster)
- Vegetables (your choice, but tomatoes and cucumbers are great choice)
- Preheat to 350 degrees. (F)
- Cut the baguette loaves into slides, usually 1-1 ½ inch slices.
- Lay out the bread slices on a cookie sheet, cooking them for between 6 and 8 minutes or until they become golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven and set aside.
- Top with the cheeses and/or vegetables as desired.
Potato Cakes - Birthday Party Food Recipe
Instead of making potato salad or having chips, these potato cakes are a great alternative.
- About 3 cups of potatoes, peeled and diced.
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp of chopped coriander
- 5 green onions, chopped
- Zest 1 lemon
- About 1 cup breadcrumbs, use more if needed
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- Start by cooking the potatoes until they are tender.
- Drain potatoes, then mash them until they are completely smooth.
- Add in the egg yolk, green onions, coriander, and lemon zest to the potatoes. Add additional seasonings as needed.
- Mix everything together, then shape these out into small cakes. This should make about 20.
- Put breadcrumbs on a plate. Roll these smaller cakes into the breadcrumbs to coat them.
- Heat up oil in a non-stick pan. Cook the potato cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are brown and completely heated through.
While you are cooking these, you can make a dip for them. You may find something as simple as a sour cream and chive dip or you can find a recipe for a spicy sauce to add a little zing to the plate.
Back to Birthday Party Food from Birthday Party Food Recipes
Return to Homepage from Birthday Party Food Recipes