Adult Birthday Party Ideas
Kids aren't the only ones who enjoy a birthday party - adults love them, too! If a special adult has a birthday coming up, mark the occasion by hosting a birthday celebration. Planning a successful gathering for an adult is easy - just look to fond memories of your own youthful birthday parties for inspiration. Even adults love cake, party games, decorations and, of course, food.Here are a few adult birthday party ideas to help get your creative juices flowing:
Adult Birthday Party Ideas - Theme Celebrations
Who says adults can't join in the fun of a themed birthday party? While it's likely the guest of honor has outgrown her love of tea parties or that his passion for Spiderman has waned, there are loads of themed celebrations that are great fun for both the young and the young at heart. Easy-to-plan adult theme celebrations include:
- Casino parties
- Mexican fiestas
- Sports parties
- Western parties
- Adult Pirate parties
- Over-the-hill parties
- Adult Slumber parties
- Milestone celebrations
- Pole Dancing Party
It seems everyone wants to try pole dancing these days, even the guys! More typically however, this is a girls-only activity that encourages women to relax and let loose as they try something new and challenging with the support of their girlfriends. If it's a mixed party, the guys can always spend a couple of hours in their own casino room and then pop in later in the evening to see what the ladies have been learning.
Adult Birthday Party Ideas - Adult Birthday Party Games
To ensure a cohesive party, plan games (Adult Birthday Party Games) that are in synch with your party's theme. For a Western party, for example, you can toss horseshoes and host a lasso contest. When planning an over-the-hill party, treat your guests to a walker race or set up a bedpan relay. Or, relive your childhood with backyard spoon and egg relays, water balloon tosses, three-legged races, and treasure hunts. Regardless of the party's theme, you'll want to make sure you have all the essentials on hand before the celebration begins.
Here's a simple checklist for adult birthday party supplies:
- Invitations: Mail them 2-3 weeks before the party. Be sure to let guests know the occasion for the celebration, as well as the party's theme.
- Decorations: Carefully chosen décor adds a festive flair to any celebration. Make sure you have plenty of tape, string, markers, and ribbon on hand, as well as scissors and a stepladder.
- Food and drinks: Make room for frozen foods by clearing some freezer space before you shop. Stock up on mixers, adult beverages, and non-alcoholic beverages. If you have an ice maker, start bagging ice well in advance to keep from having to making a last-minute run.
- Paper products: Prepare for extra bathroom activity with an ample supply of toilet paper. For table products, plan on two plates and three napkins per guest.
- Party favors: Sending guests home with party favors is a great way to extend the fun. Opt for favors that are in tune with the party's theme, or look for practical items that can be enjoyed at a later time.
- Party games: Gather whatever supplies or props you might need for your party games well in advance.
- Flashlights: Keep these, along with fresh batteries, on hand for nighttime outdoor fun.
- Party Music: Put together a CD play mix of tunes that mesh with the party's theme, or make a montage that's great for dancing.
At this year's birthday celebration, enjoy reliving childhood memories - and creating new ones - with the special adult in your life.