Milestone Birthday Ideas
While all birthdays are special, milestone birthdays are cause for extra celebration. If you know someone who's approaching their 18th or 21st birthday, or rounding the bend on a "Big O" birthday, here are a few birthday party planning ideasDo you have a picture and story about your favorite milestone birthday or an interesting idea for a milestone party? Share it with us!!
- 18th birthday ideas : Gather your teen's friends at the local mall for a scavenger hunt. Follow with pizza and cake at home, or treat the gang to a movie, laser tag excursion, or a round of makeovers or pedicures.
- 21st birthday ideas : Break away from the traditional night of bar-hopping by celebrating at a wine tasting instead. Or, opt for a quiet celebration at home with birthday cheesecake and ice cream, fresh fruit, crème brulee, or chocolate mousse, served with a bottle of Canadian Ice White.
- 30th birthday ideas: Celebrate the arrival of a new decade by hosting a surprise party for the guest of honor. Keep the celebration family-friendly so little ones can enjoy the fun, too.
- 40th birthday ideas : Host an
Over the Hillcelebration, complete with black armbands, grim reaper decorations, and a tombstone cake topped with a vulture.
- 50th birthday ideas: Throw a
Fabulous 50s Partyor sock-hop, complete with a diner-style party menu of burgers and fries, birthday cake, and a sundae bar.
- 60th birthday ideas: With retirement on the horizon, give the guest of honor a sample of the travels to come by throwing a
Hawaiian Luaucelebration. Treat the guests to leis and grass skirts, and perfect your Mai Tai pour.
- 70th birthday ideas: Pay homage to the celebrant with a dinner party, complete with a
This is Your Lifepresentation.
- 80th birthday ideas: Honor the octogenarian with a birthday luncheon. Decorate in a
Roaring 20smotif, and post trivia and fun facts from that nostalgic decade. Have a poster or card on hand so guests can share a special memory of the guest of honor.
- 90th birthday ideas: Host a birthday brunch, complete with fresh flowers, streamers, and balloons. Present the guest of honor with a scrapbook of family photos and personalized cards.
- 100th birthday ideas: For a 100th birthday celebration, mark the occasion with a birthday breakfast. Present the guest of honor with 100 balloons or 100 flowers, and make a donation to a local charity in his or her honor.
Regardless of how you choose to celebrate a milestone birthday, the guest of honor will be touched by your efforts. Enjoy sharing each new decade with the special person in your life.
Tell Us About Your Milestone Birthday
Did you throw a milestone birthday party that people raved about and are still raving about? Did you have a special theme? What did you do that made your milestone birthday unforgettable? What advice would you give to someone else who is currently planning a milestone birthday party? Did you do something different or unique to celebrate a milestone birthday? Share it!!
Read What Other Visitors Have Said About Milestone Birthdays
An Irish Themed 21st Birthday Party
I had a friend that was turning 21 and it was right before St. Patrick's Day and they were also part Irish. Even though they're not that big into drinking, …Read More
I recently threw a surprise 50th birthday for my Mom and I wanted to share a few ideas and the centerpiece that we used for the birthday party. We …Read More
The Great Day of the year
It was my Mom's 50th birthday and she had forgotten about this special day of her life this year. All the family members got together and arranged for …Read More